A VPN service is a security software that’ll help add anonymity and privacy over your online connection, device and data. It’s popularly known all over the globe as one of the best software to access streaming services that are subjected to geo-restrictions.
They’re one of the most guarantied software that’ll help you avoid online surveillance and censorship by law enforcing bodies globally. There are many means that go with this unique piece of technology, but I’m not sure if users understand that every VPN varies in price, performance and features.
You’ll find that most users opt for VPN services that are free. This is because they’re already paying a lot for internet access and other bills like pay per view subscriptions. However, it’s time you understood that free VPN services always come with vulnerabilities. Yes, premium VPN services are also vulnerable to cyberattacks but they still offer security features that are way stronger than what you get on a free service.
Which brings us to the question:
What’s Better? A Budget VPN or a Free One?
I would recommend a budgeted or the best value VPN a hundred times over than a free service. There are only a handful of free VPN services that are worth your time, but still offer far less in security, speeds and network coverage, reducing it between 1-5 servers, which are just not enough.
However, as mentioned above, just because a budgeted VPN is the best choice, there are still a few hurdles in the way of choosing the best or most reliable one. There are budgeted VPNs that are scams and there are a few that offer the best and exceptional services. So, the only thing left for you to do, is learn how to choose one wisely.
I’ll be highlighting a small guide below, showing you how to choose a reliable budgeted VPN that’ll be a great investment for the future.
What to Consider when Choosing a Budgeted VPN
When buying any product or software, you can’t just go for it simply because the price looked great, or because it was a great color or had a convincing description. There’s a lot more to consider when buying a great budget VPN. Here’s what you should know:
- Make sure that the provider offers a sound and strict no-logs policy. Never just settle simply because the provider claims to have a no-logs policy. Always dig deep for the report and research that matches the claims.
- Choose one that offers a wide platform of serves that will allow you to unblock numerous streaming services, social media apps and miscellaneous websites that are blocked in your country, from anywhere in the world.
- Your VPN provider should be located in a privacy-friendly region far away from the watchful eyes of the 5/9/14-eyes alliance.
- The VPN you choose, even though budgeted, needs to have military-grade encryption and other advanced features like a Kill Switch, AdBlocker, Split-Tunneling, and more.
- Should be compatible with all the major devices and operating systems, with the most popular being Windows, iOS, macOS, Firestick, Android, Linux and a couple others.
- Should offer budget-friendly packages especially for the annual and biennial prices. I wouldn’t recommend a lifetime deal, since that poses a few risks.